A Blog about The World FUCKING Champion Philadelphia Phillies, from an obsessed fan's perspective.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Cubs, and My Hatred For Them




As much as I hate the New York Mets, one team comes close to them when it comes to my hatred for baseball teams. The Chicago fucking Cubs. God, I can't stand that fucking team. And it's not so much the actual team, either. I mean, don't get me wrong, I think they're extremely overrated and just get hyped up so much because everybody loves the Cubs.

Well, the main reason that I hate them is because of their fans. Their fans are ridiculously obnoxious, and keep in mind that I'm using the term "fan" very loosely. Everybody is a Cubs fan. It doesn't matter where you live, I guarantee you know a Cubs fan. Probably one who isn't even from Chicago, but rather is a Cubs "fan" because it's "cool." It's so trendy to be a Cubs fan now a days. It was "cool" back in the day, because they sucked so much and were dubbed "the lovable losers." Now, it's so much worse because they've won the division a few times. All of these "life-long Cubs fans" got so excited watching their team breeze through the regular season to an NL Central title, and then watched as their team got swept out of the playoffs again. It brought me great joy. Great joy.

It's horrible here in Indiana, without an MLB team. Everyone is a Cubs, Reds, Yankees, or Red Sox fan. The Reds fans, I have no problem with. My dad was a Reds fan growing up, and it was a great day when we got to meet Johnny Bench a few years ago. It's not "cool" to be a Reds fan. It's not trendy, so you know the ones around here are legit, for the most part. The Cubs, Yankees, and BoSox "fans" are the ones who piss me off. The ones who wear their team's gear and claim to be a fan, but couldn't name 5 players on the team, the ones who couldn't tell Alfonso Soriano from Alfonso Ribeiro. Fuck them.
The Cubs fans who are actually from the North side of Chicago, I can understand. Don't get me wrong, I still hate them, but they can suck my dick as well. They're so obnoxious, with their shitty ass Old Style beer they insist on drinking. With their obsession with Harry Caray. With their holier-than-thou attitude when it comes to their piece of shit stadium, Wrigley Field.

I was actually in Chicago for New Years and made a trip up to take a gander at Wrigley Field after the Red Wings/Blackhawks Winter Classic game. That stadium is smack dab right in the middle of the gayest neighborhood in the Midwest, literally (not that there's anything wrong with that...) I mean, seriously. The whole Cubs/Cubs fan thing all made a little more sense to me after seeing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment